Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Countdown Is On. . .

Hi everyone,
 
We’re staying busy, and the summer is flying by! As I mentioned in my last post, Josh and I are both working at Ingleside Baptist, our church in Macon, over the summer. Josh has been on staff for over three years, and he’s working with the high school ministry. I’m the Children’s Ministry Intern over the summer. It’s fun, but it’s definitely confirmed that I’m not meant to be in an office from 9:00-5:00 everyday. I miss teaching, and while this upcoming year will definitely be different than any before, I’m ready to get back in the classroom.
It’s hard to believe it’s already July. Saturday, July 30th is our official move date, and it’ll be here before we know it!
A few praises and prayer requests to catch you up on life . . .
1.       We found out that we got a 2 bedroom apartment instead of the 535 sq. ft. dorm-style one we thought we’d be assigned. We applied for student housing and knew that the “shoebox apartment” (as I’d come to call it) was the only option for married couples without children.  If they have left over two bedroom apartments after all the married couples with a baby move in, they pass them on down the line. I said I’d put a pillow under my stomach or play the sound of a crying baby all night if I had to in order to get the bigger apartment. :) Just kidding! They definitely know we do not have children! The Lord provided, and moved us up! The news definitely came at a time when we needed a boost to our spirits.

2.       Josh is helping lead a high school mission trip in Peru this week. He left July 4th and will be gone until next Monday, the 11th. I’ve talked to him, and he’s doing well. Please pray that they will have a good trip and really be able to minister to the people in the village outside of Lima where they are working.

3.       I’m heading to New Orleans tomorrow (Thursday) with my mom in order to follow up on some phone interviews as well as have a few new interviews for teaching positions. I’m trying to not stress as we are moving in a few weeks, and I still do not have a job. I’ve interviewed with public and private schools in the area, and I know there’s a job out there for me. Pray that I will trust in the Lord’s plan and timing . . . and that I’ll come away from this trip with a job!

4.       We sold the red Jeep this past weekend. I think it was harder for me than Josh, even though it was technically “his” car. Watching the new owner drive away in it was the first moment that it hit me, “We’re really doing this. We’re moving.” We need a more efficient vehicle to take us back and forth to New Orleans, and as much as we love our two Jeeps, they just don’t make the cut. My dad is buying my green Jeep from us for Philip, my younger brother, to drive. I’m glad it’s not leaving the family. :) We’re going to buy a car for me to drive, and we’re still not sure what Josh is going to get. We had to sell both vehicles in an effort to combine our financial resources. I’m really hoping and praying that God will provide the right cars for us. If you know of anyone who is willing to donate/sell for less a car to a couple moving to seminary, please let us know!

I think those are the major things for now. Thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and encouragement. It's wonderful to have such a big group of family and friends who are supporting us as we go through this big change in life. We'll keep you updated over the next few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. praying for you both as the craziness gets even crazier!! it makes me smile knowing that we're not the only ones doing this! (we sold one of our cars this week too, packed up our house, moved out, and are bouncing between our parent's houses before we leave for Russia tomorrow... our move-to-texas-date is aug 2) keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great updates, Sarah! Major coup on the bigger apartment -- I know you will both appreciate the extra space. :) I'm praying for your job hunt and good luck with the car search!

    ReplyDelete